Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Bill

I have a new love.


His name is Bill.


Bill Granger.


It was love at first sight.


Just look at the cover of the book, then imagine every 2nd page with similiar mouthwatering, pretty pictures....what's not to love!


I've been eyeing this book off for ages, but it wasn't until Fennel pointed out the brief methods for each recipe that I was hooked. And I suddenly knew what my birthday present to myself was going to be.


The last few weeks I've enjoyed browsing through the pages imagining what I would cook. And in the past 10 days I've cooked 3 of the recipes very successfully, to much acclaim and requests for more from sweetpea, both chickadees and a brother-in-law!









Cashew & Chicken Curry with naan






Fish baked in a bag with lime butter and potatoes


The fact that little ol' me can make my dishes look almost exactly like Bill's is very satisfying and gratifying. We can also highly recommend the chicken and mushroom croquettes - we ate them too fast to take a photo! The chickadees were completely unaware they were eating mushrooms and even asked for seconds :-)


Happy eating
Love Aubergine

No comments:

Post a Comment