Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Home Gardening 101

After a summer of constant rain and cool nights I had resigned myself to the fact that my eggplant was only going to be ornamental this year.

So imagine my delight in early March when I discovered 2 baby eggplants emerging from their blossoms!

I love watching eggplants grow. They are so shiny and smooth and so elegantly designed.

Planting them next to the back door was a superb idea. I can check on their progress every day. They brightened even the darkest of moods.

And the anticipation! The moussaka recipes flitting through my mind! Oh joy.


1 comment:

  1. It’s been almost eight months since you posted this, but it’s never too late to say congratulations. Home gardening is a long term commitment, which is why it’s easy to lose enthusiasm when you encounter pests and other problems. But, I bet seeing your eggplant grow removed all of your anxiety. I hope your garden’s continuing to grow!

    ReplyDelete